Friday, September 30, 2011

Early Bird


I woke up with the sun this morning and decided to have an early start. Amazing how productive a day can be when you rise early. I've had this idea of heart flutters and tickles and wasn't sure how to put it into an image. It came to me this morning so I sketched it out right away. I used the same pallet from my sleeping fawn painting so they go together nicely. I used watercolors for the background color and etched over with black ink. I've been liking simple two tone subjects, using only one color and then adding the detail with either white acrylic, or black ink. I'm on the lookout for white ink, but have yet to come across any. Other than that it's been a windy indoors kind of day which consisted of a lot of lego creations, superhero play, and a good dog wash.

No comments: