Thursday, January 5, 2012

Painted Stones


My mind just flooded with this childhood memory, something I'd completely forgotten about. I must have been around 7 or 8 when I began drawing diagrams of the human heart. It was so interesting to me, this device that kept us going, living and breathing. This piece that we pay so much attention to, and look at as a guide. "Follow your heart" they say. Even still, when something moves me deeply, my thoughts are "there's so much heart in it". 

I had this large photo album, with those old fashion photo album pages that you had to lift the clear plastic, place the photo, and stick back down to stay in place. Yes, those old things. Well that was my drawing book, paired my my white board dry erase pen which I was thrilled to use since all the teachers at school had them. I was an only child and completely in my own world. I spent hours trying to perfect the anatomy of the heart. I would draw in my old school photo album and erase with my very special marker, until I had it perfect. Once mastering, I learned about the four chambers, and the way our blood circulates throughout. It's such an interesting memory, and for whatever reason, it was very special to me. 

It's inspired me to get into Valentines Day this year and create some fun designs for the occasion. 
In the meantime, here are some of the stones that will be listed tomorrow in shop. The heart and arrow is specially for Valentines Day, and I plan on doing some anatomical hearts as well!








6 comments:

AppaloosaMoon said...

beautiful you.
i love your art.
XO

lucy said...

your work is so beautiful and unique! I absolutely love it. keep it up :)

River Luna said...

Thank you both for the visit and kind notes!
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Goodness these are beautiful.
Just responding to your comment related with the print you sent me, I don't think it is necessary for you to send me other print it's a bit damaged but once I frame it it will look better for sure. Thank you for the attention ;)

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said...

I am so in love with your work! I saw one of your paintings on Pinterest and I have been trying to track down the artist and today on A Little Etsy Love when I saw your other pieces I was amazed! I cant wait to show my husband your etsy shop as I know he will want so many of your prints in our home! I love the painted bear stone!

River Luna said...

Thank you so much! I'm adding more stones for Valentine's Day too. Your blog is completely adorable - I'm following now :)